Sunday, August 31, 2008


Well one of our next door neighbors has started a pre-school type thing for her children and invited Emma and Seth to come over and do it with them. Emma looks so cute with her little backpack walking over there, I jut had to take a picture. It made me wonder how I would react to her heading off to school for the real thing. Then I started thinking about when she can get baptized, and drive, and then date. I look forward to tormenting the young men as they take my precious little daughter on a date, but dread letting her go. Much like in the movie, College Road trip. He will always see his little girl as that little 4-6 year whose life revolved around Daddy, sorry Chad, you have had to give away 3 so far, and 1 more left, I don't know if my heart could take 4, it can barely stand the thought of 1, let alone 4. I hope I am taking care of Rebecca in a way that you find peace. Anyways, as this baby is getting closer and closer, we have begun finishing a room for Emma downstairs. We have never done this before, so we are learning. Here are a few pictures of what it looks like this morning.




Lessons we have learned:
  1. Use a nail gun
  2. Miter saw is a must
  3. Measure 4 times, cut once
  4. Nothing is level/even/straight that contractors do
  5. Put drywall on the top of the wall, then do the bottom
  6. don't use recessed lighting
  7. Emma has a closet almost as big as Rebecca's
  8. Having good neighbors is essential
  9. keep it clean, so as to not step on unwanted things
  10. Don't finish all the electrical before you put up the drywall
  11. When you think you have counted all the wood/drywall you need, add 10 more for the lumber, and 5 more for the drywall.
  12. Decide how much time it will take you and add 4 weeks.
  13. do it yourself, it is worth the learning.

2 comments:

Nat said...

How fun to go to preschool! Emme does look darling in her little backpack. I love it! And I'm so impressed at the room you're finishing. I wish we were closer; Nicolas would LOVED to come work on it with you. He's always looking for more things to build. He, he! Good luck!

Bundy Family said...

I so love the add 4 weeks to the project point. We've been in our home for over a year and projects are still not complete. We've been working on our backyard wall which was suppose to take two weeks we are now on two months. Just remember that you have to let Emma do her own things even if she is Daddy's little girls.